- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Icing sugar
1. Pre-heat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius
2. Mix the first three ingredients and press them into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
3. Bake in pre-heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown and firm.
4. Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, 1,5 cups of white sugar, 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour and the juice of two lemons.
5. Pour the mixture over the golden brown crust and bake for an additional twinty minutes. The bars will further firm up as they cool down. Once completely cooled down, cut into bars or into squares, dust with icing sugar and serve on a pretty platter.